Disclaimer : The information provided in this guide is for guidance only, Création ALL cannot be held responsible for misuse, abuse, damage to property or injury resulting from the use of the product.
Allergies : The finish was made with natural products such as pure tung oil and beeswax. Although from all my cumulative experience, I have not been aware of any case, make sure that no allergies exist in your environment related to these products. Never allow the wood to dry completely, perform at least the monthly treatment as suggested later in this guide.
Wood Movements : It is important to remember that at the beginning the board is made of natural wood, that means that the material reacts to its environment and that it can be affected by several elements in your house such as the rate of moisture, water absorption, exposure to heat or the use of household products.
Knife Marks : It is normal for your cutting board to show knife marks over time. Despite the strength of the end grain construction, the sharp metal of a knife blade will eventually leave marks.
Contamination of all kinds : If you use your board to cut raw meat, nothing prevents it but make sure you always disinfect the surface thoroughly before cutting other foods.
Keep the surface free of toxic products : The construction of the board as well as its original finish has been carried out without any product constituting a danger when in contact with food, it is important to continue on this way to not contaminate the food that will come in contact with the board.
- Wash the cutting board in the dishwasher.
- Submerge the cutting board in water.
- Expose the cutting board to extreme temperatures.
- Expose the cutting board to the UV rays of the sun for an extended period.
- Use strong chemicals or cleaners
Daily care(washed vegetables, bread, cheese, etc. EXCEPT meat or seafood):
- Wash with a clean cloth that was soaked in soapy water, wipe with a dry cloth and let air dry.
Monthly care(or as needed according to use):
- Clean the board and disinfect it with pure white vinegar. Let dry.
- Once the surface is dry and free of debris, generously apply the cutting board conditioner using a clean paper towel, dispose of the paper towel *safely, wait 30 minutes, remove the over with a new clean paper towel and also dispose of this paper towel *safely.
- Use pure white vinegar and let it dry.
- Cut a lemon in half and rub by adding coarse salt to serve as an abrasive.
For stubborn stains or unwanted odors:
- Pure white vinegar & baking soda.
Warning related to the pure tung oil contained in the cutting board conditioner :
DANGER OF COMBUSTION : Keep out of reach of children. Materials such as rags used with this product may begin to burn by themselves. *After use, put rags in water or lay flat to dry, then discard.